Saturday, October 9, 2010

Summary C4T #2

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been following Michael Kaechele's teaching blog.  In the first post I read, he mentioned the idea of online reading instead of just reading from books.  He allows his students to read for a certain amount of time online, if they wish.  I commented that this is a good way to get kids searching for information on the internet.  It can be a helpful resource for educational information as well as for entertainment.  The second post I read was about an online lottery source that he found.  He thought it would be useful in teaching probability.  I agreed with him.  I think it is another way to get kids online and actively involved in the learning process.  Overall, I have enjoyed reading his blog and am sorry that I didn't get to have him as my teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment