Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

I think that Mr. Ken Robinson said many important things, but I really think what he said about divergent thinking was one of the most important.  We are educating our students to think more and more in a conformed and confined way.  This is wrong.  I didn't really disagree with anything in the presentation.  I thought he made some great points.  I think we are still being taught to teach kids so that they might benefit the economy.  We are instilling in them a knowledge of technology and preparing them for jobs that aren't created yet but will need to be filled.  However, the education classes I have taken have told me to get children to really think and expand their opinions and knowledge of information.  As a teacher, I can encourage my kids to work together and to learn how to solve problems on their own.  I can teach them to imagine, create, and use their minds to their full potential.  Overall, I really enjoyed the presentation and the message that was sent.  If I were told to do a presentation like this, I would love to be the narrator, the author, or the designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment