Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project #6 Summary

I did my Google Form on Student Discounts.  The first question that I asked was on a scale of 1-5 did students support student discounts.  Most everyone answered with a 5, which was not a surprise.  The second question I asked was if students received more student discounts at more places, would they be more likely to go to these places.  Most every student put yes, but some put that it depends on the place.  Thirdly, I asked the students where they would want discounts.  They answered from most popular to least popular:  Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Clothing Stores, and everything else.  Obviously, food is the most important thing to college students.  I then asked my fellow students whether they would be willing to do any fund-raising for places that they receive discounts.  Most everyone said they might, but most everyone else said that the would not be willing to do this.  Only a few said that they would.  When asked whether they think that there are enough student discount options around town, it was a unanimous decision that there were not.  I can agree with this statement.  I asked the students how much they would want to get off on their purchases and most everyone said 0-20%, but a few said over that would be preferable.  I was a little surprised by this because I expected everyone to go as high as they could.  I asked them if they thought that they deserved discounts, as students.  Most everyone said yes, but a few said no and that they might deserve it.  On a scale of 1-5, the students said that more available student discounts would positively affect their budget.  This is not a big surprise, but I was surprised to find that every student uses their own cars for transportation.  For on-campus residents, restaurants with student discounts near the campus would be even more beneficial.  Overall, I think that students would very much benefit by more available student discounts around the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment